If you haven't had tumeric milk, it's the best — spicy, soothing, creamy and my favourite for cold weather or being under the weather. And, it's sooooo good for you. It's antiviral which helps keep your immune system strong and anti-microbial which helps treat infections in the respiratory system.
Homemade Tumeric Milk (Serves 2)
- 1" knob of tumeric, peeled
- 1" knob of ginger, peeled
- 2 cups almond milk (homemade if you have time!)
- 4 dates
- 1-2 drops Young Living Cinnamon essential oil
- 1-2 drops Young Living Nutmeg essential oil
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a blender and puree.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a pot
- Heat until warm over low heat and serve in a mug with a couple of drops of essential oils to taste or a sprinkle of cinnamon. For a super charged immune boost use Young Living Thieves oil instead.
Homemade Almond Milk
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 4 cups water
- Add almond and water to a large bowl to soak overnight or up to 2 days for creamier milk
- Drain the almonds in a colander and add them to a blender with 4 cups of fresh water to puree
- Add the blended almond milk (a cup at a time) to the nut milk bag and squeeze milk into a bowl or pitch (you will be left with an almond meal which you can dehydrate to use for baking or compost).